It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Florida Department of Health in Gadsden County
278 LaSalle LeFall Drive
Quincy, FL 32351
Tanning Salons are regulated under Chapter 64E-17 of the Florida Administrative Code.
The Florida Department of Health in Gadsden County inspects tanning facilities to reduce the risk of disease and injury to people who use tanning devices at tanning facilities in the county through plan review, inspection, consultation, and compliant investigation. Tanning Facilities in Gadsden County are required to apply for a Tanning Permit.
- Chapter 64E-17, F.A.C. (41K PDF) Florida tanning facility operation requirements
- Application for Tanning Facility License (13K PDF)
All tanning devices are checked twice a year to assure that:
- They are maintained in good sanitary and mechanical condition
- Timers are operating properly
- Employees are properly trained
- Warning signs are in place
Every device must have the manufacturers recommendations attached to the machine or it must be made available to clients on the premises.
Operators must also have information concerning their liability insurance.
Connect with DOH