It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Florida Department of Health in Gadsden County
278 LaSalle LeFall Drive
Quincy, FL 32351
The Florida Department of Health in Gadsden County regulates water systems such as commercial limited use and community limited use water systems.
Community water supplies are regulated by the Department of Environmental Protection under the Florida Safe Drinking Water Act.
Limited Use Community and Commercial Water Systems
Use Community and Commercial water supplies are regulated by the Department of Health in Gadsden County under Chapter 64-E of the Florida Administrative Code. We monitor small community or commercial water systems usually serving less than 25 people.
An annual operating permit is required for these systems and you can find the application forms on the Florida Health Limited Use Well Web Page. New systems must pass an initial 5 Sample Bacteriological Survey and a lead and nitrate test. The annual renewal fee is $90.00 + $50.00 county fee. A bacteriological water sample test is included in the annual renewal fee.
Limited Use Commercial Public Water Systems serve one or more non-residential establishments and provide piped potable water from a well. This includes:
- Businesses that have employees at the site (up to 25 employees)
- Businesses that have public access.
Limited Use Community Public Water Systems serve two or more rental residences or five or more non-rental homes. This could include:
- Two or more rental houses connected to a single well
- A rented duplex
- An owner occupied triplex with two rental units in it
- A mobile home park with two or more rental units
- Five or more private single family residential units on one well
- A home which rents two or more rooms or units
If your water system falls in one of the above categories, you must comply with these standards.
The following systems are exempt:
- Four (4) or less non-rental (owner occupied) residential units on the same well
- One owner occupied residential unit and one rental unit on the same well
- Family owned business with no hired employees and not open to the public
We provide testing services for private wells for the following problems:
- Bacteriological - where there is illness that might be attributed to the water supply.Homeowners who want routine testing of their well for bacteria must contact a private lab or bring a sample to our office for a $50.00 + $5.00 county fee coliform bacteria testing fee. On newly permitted wells, a bacteriological water sample is included as part of the inspection fee.
- Lead/Nitrate - you may submit a water sample for testing to our office for a $60.00 + $5.00 county fee. The test results take 45 days to complete.
All well permits are obtained through Northwest Florida Water Management
Gadsden County is located in the Northwest Florida Water Management District located at:
81 Water Management Drive
Havana, FL 32333-4712
Phone: (850) 539-5999
Fax: (850) 539-2777
Connect with DOH