For more than 20 years, Healthy Start has been providing assistance to pregnant women, interconception women, infants, and children up to age three to obtain the health care and social support needed to reduce the risks for poor maternal and child health outcomes.
Healthy Start offers care coordination services to all pregnant women and infants regardless of their social economic status to ensure that early care is directed to those families where there is the best chance of preventing or minimizing adverse outcomes.
Eligibility is based on your screening score and/or any other identified risk factors. Eligibility is NOT based on income or other financial factors. For additional information regarding eligibility requirements, please call (850) 875-7200.
A Healthy Start Care Coordinator will help you arrange a variety of services as needed to help meet your needs and the goal for having a healthy baby.
- Home visits by health professionals
- Help making doctor appointments
- Childbirth education
- Breastfeeding support and education
- Parenting education
- Family planning education
- Smoking cessation support and education
- Counseling services
- Referrals for nutrition counseling
- Coordination with local agencies and resources